(a) The following information shall be filed by a representative of
miners with the appropriate District Manager, with copies to the operators of
the affected mines. This information shall be kept current:
(1) The name, address, and telephone number of the
representative of miners. If the representative is an organization, the name,
address, and telephone number of the organization and the title of the
official or position, who is to serve as the representative and his or her
(2) The name and address of the operator of the mine where
the represented miners work and the name, address, and Mine Safety and Health
Administration identification number, if known, of the mine.
(3) A copy of the document evidencing the designation of
the representative of miners.
(4) A statement that the person or position named as the
representative of miners is the representative for all purposes of the Act;
or if the representative's authority is limited, a statement of the
(5) The names, addresses, and telephone numbers, of any
representative to serve in his absence.
(6) A statement that copies of all information filed
pursuant to this section have been delivered to the operator of the affected
mine, prior to or concurrently with the filing of this statement.
(7) A statement certifying that all information filed is
true and correct followed by the signature of the representative of
(b) The representative of miners shall be responsible for ensuring
that the appropriate District Manager and operator have received all of the
information required by this part and informing such District Manager and
operator of any subsequent changes in the information.
U.S. Department of Labor | Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) | 1100 Wilson Boulevard, 21st Floor | Arlington, VA 22209-3939 www.msha.gov | Telephone: (202) 693-9400 | Fax-on-demand: (202) 693-9401