30 CFR § 75.705-8 Protective equipment; testing and storage.
(a) All rubber protective equipment used on work on energized
high-voltage surface lines shall be electrically tested by the operator in
accordance with ASTM standards, Part 28, published
February 1968, and such testing shall be conducted in accordance with the
(1) Rubber gloves, once each month;
(2) Rubber sleeves, once every 3 months;
(3) Rubber blankets, once every 6 months;
(4) Insulator hoods and line hose, once a year; and
(5) Other electric protective equipment, once a year.
(b) Rubber gloves shall not be stored wrong side out. Blankets shall
be rolled when not in use, and line hose and insulator hoods shall be stored
in their natural position and shape.
U.S. Department of Labor | Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) | 1100 Wilson Boulevard, 21st Floor | Arlington, VA 22209-3939 www.msha.gov | Telephone: (202) 693-9400 | Fax-on-demand: (202) 693-9401