30 CFR § 18.61 Final inspection of complete machine.
(a) A completely assembled new machine or a substantially modified
design of a previously approved one shall be inspected by a qualified
representative(s) of MSHA. When such inspection discloses any unsafe
condition or any feature not in strict conformance with the requirements of
this part it shall be corrected before an approval of the machine will be
issued. A final inspection will be conducted at the site of manufacture,
rebuilding, or other locations at the option of MSHA.
(b) Complete machines shall be inspected for:
(1) Compliance with the requirements of this part with
respect to joints, lead entrances, and other pertinent features.
(2) Wiring between components, adequacy of mechanical
protection for cables, adequacy of clamping of cables, positioning of cables,
particularly with respect to proximity to hydraulic components.
(3) Adequacy of protection against damage to headlights,
push buttons, and any other vulnerable component.
(4) Settings of overload- and short-circuit protective
(5) Adequacy of means for connecting and protecting