30 CFR § 7.67
The constuction test is to be performed on the blasting unit subsequent to
the output energy test of §7.66
(a) Test procedures. (1) The blasting unit shall be dropped
20 times from a height of 3 feet onto a horizontal concrete floor. When
dropped, the orientation of the blasting unit shall be varied each time in an
attempt to have a different surface, corner, or edge strike the floor first
for each drop.
(2) After the blasting unit has been drop tested in
accordance with paragraph (a)(1) above, it shall be submerged in 1 foot of
water for 1 hour in each of 3 tests. The water temperature shall be
maintained within ± 5 °F (±2.8 °C) of 40 °F (4.4 °C), 70 °F (21.1 °C) and 100
°F (37.8 °C) during the tests.
(3) Immediately after removing the blasting unit from the
water at each temperature, the unit shall be operated first with the firing
line terminals open circuited, then operated again with the firing line
terminals short circuited, and last, the output energy tested in accordance
with the output energy test of §7.66.
(b) Acceptable performance. (1) The blasting unit shall meet
the acceptable performance criteria of the output energy test in
§7.66 each time it is performed.
(2) There shall be no damage to the firing line terminals
that exposes an electric conductor.
(3) The visual indicator shall be operational.
(4) The batteries shall not be separated from the blasting
(5) There shall be no water inside the blasting unit
enclosure, except for the battery compartment.