Continuous Mining Machines
Single Source Page
- 2005 RCCM Internet Web Page
- 2004 RCCM Internet Webcast
- Material that was presented at a safety webcast held by Coal Mine Safety and Health, January 28, 2004.
- Red Zone Chart
- Describes areas to avoid when operating a remote controlled continuous miner.
- Remote Controlled Continuous Miner Fatal Accident Summary Report
- An analysis of the remote control-related fatal accidents that have occurred.
- 2006 RCCM Accident Data Study
- A committee report that identifies norms and trends in remote control continuous miner crushing accidents as part of MSHA's efforts to reduce and eliminate these types of accidents.
- "The Right Choice" by the Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy
- "Stay Out of the Danger Zone" by MSHA
- The above videos include interviews with remote control continuous mining machine operators and others who have witnessed or survived crushing and pinning accidents, and information on the hazards associated with pinchpoints around continuous mining machines.
- Proximity Detection Single Source Page
- Material that was presented at a safety webcast held by Coal Mine Safety and Health, May 3, 2005
Some or all of the files available on this page are PDF. For more information on PDF, PDF readers and accessibility issues, please use this link.