| MSHA's Accident Prevention Program
Processing Plant Redzones
|Mine Type: All Mills and Plants|
|Category: General Safety|
Brooks Run Processing Plant miners came up with a list of Redzone areas to avoid due to their potential to cause serious injury. Consider discussing these items at your next safety meeting.
- Inside an electrical box if you are not a qualified electrician.
- On stockpile areas where a safety zone has not been established.
- Standing or walking under objects being hoisted.
- Performing maintenance on any equipment not locked, tagged, and tested out.
- Within turnover distance of a truck while dumping.
- Working under equipment not securely blocked.
- Walking or standing under galley way when ice is present.
- Transformer and high voltage areas.
- Not wearing a safety harness when there is a danger of falling.
- Operating equipment without performing a pre-op check.
MSHA extends a thank you and a tip of the hardhat to
Brooks Run Processing Plant,
a winner of a limited edition sticker and patch.
If you have a tip you would like to pass on, you can e-mail it to
If your tip is selected, you will receive credit in this space.