Department of Labor
Mine Safety and Health Administration
ROOF CONTROL SAFETY WHAT CAN YOU DO
TAKE FIVE AND STAY ALIVE !
- MAKE FREQUENT AND THOROUGH ROOF / RIB EVALUATIONS.
- KNOW AND FOLLOW THE ROOF CONTROL PLAN.
- BE ALERT TO CHANGING CONDITIONS.
- DISCUSS ANY ROOF CONTROL CONCERNS WITH YOUR SUPERVISOR.
- DON'T GO UNDER UNSUPPORTED ROOF !
Return to Close
Call/Info-Gram Index Page
District 8 Home
This information was provided by concerned
miners in an effort to eliminate accidents. Accident or "close
call" information within District 8 may be shared by contacting
the MSHA office at (812) 882-7617.