- You can use the course however it best meets your needs, and can select only the segments that are applicable to your operation and your job.
- It is helpful to break the course into relatively small segments. Covering the entire program at once is not recommended.
- Total time required to cover all segments may range from two hours for a quick review to eight hours or longer with inclusion of regulatory and other reference materials.
- Although designed for surface mining, portions of this material could also be applied to many underground mine situations. If you use the MSHA regulatory links note the following:
- Only Part 56 (surface) links were included for M/NM. The same rules, with the same sections numbers, are in Part 57 which applies to underground M/NM mines including related surface operations.
- Only Part 77 links were included for Coal. Part 77 covers both surface coal mines and surface work areas of underground coal mines. Part 75 (underground coal) links were not included.