MSHA's Safety Targets Program
Safe Operation and Maintenance of Continuous Miners
Close Calls and Near Misses
- District 5 - February 10, 2003 - Roof fall on CM and shuttle car
- District 8 - September 20, 2007 - Pinned between miner boom and rib
- District 8 - June 4, 2003 - Malfunctioning contactor nearly causes pinning accident
- District 8 - May 24, 2002 - Roof fall on CM and shuttle car traps two
- District 8 - May, 2002 - Misaligned magnet in remote causes erratic movements
- District 8 - August, 2001- Sticking control lever causes erratic machine behavior
- District 8 - August, 2000- Chain breaks while pulling CM stuck in soft bottom, strikes miner in throat.
- District 8 - June, 2000- Roof fall on CM and ram car. Barely misses three miners
- District 11 - July 18, 2006 - Boom strikes oxy/acetylene cart
Some or all of the files available on this page are PDF. For more information on PDF, PDF readers and accessibility issues, please use this link.