MSHA's Safety Targets Program
Hit By Underground Equipment
Close Calls and Near Misses
- District 7 - September 29, 2003 - Carrier Operator run into CM pushing against miner and rib
- District 8 - September 20, 2007 - Pinned between miner boom and rib
- District 8 - June 4, 2003 - Malfunctioning contactor nearly causes pinning accident
- District 8 - May, 2002 - Misaligned magnet in remote causes erratic movements
- District 8 - August, 2001- Sticking control lever causes erratic machine behavior
- District 8 - March 13, 2003 Shuttle Car operator pinned between continuous miner and rib
- District 8 - August, 2000- Chain breaks while pulling CM stuck in soft bottom, strikes miner in throat.
- District 11 - July 18, 2006 - Boom strikes oxy/acetylene cart
- District 2 - January 20, 2005 - Two miners were hit by Scoop
- District 5 - Scoop operator reversed into miner
- District 5 - November 5, 2001 - Miner pinned between Scoop and pallet
- District 8 - September 2000 - Scoop accident hinge point
- District 5 - July 21, 2000 - Miner crushed between two shuttle cars
- District 8 - July 22, 2002 - Shuttle Car Strikes miner
- District 8 - February , 2000- underground miners struck by Shuttle Car
- District 5 - November 10 & 13, 2001 - Two serious pinch-point accidents involving battery powered haulage equipment.
- District 8 - January 2002 - Miner struck by a Coal Hauler
- District 8 - June 14, 2001 - Miner's arm caught between canopy and coal rib
Some or all of the files available on this page are PDF. For more information on PDF, PDF readers and accessibility issues, please use this link.