MSHA's Safety Targets Program
Hit By Underground Equipment
Program Information Bulletins
- PIB P09-36 - October 1, 2009 - Re-Issue of P05-05 - Use of Magnets near Remote Control Operated Equipment
- PIB P09-35 - October 1, 2009 - Re-Issue of P04-04 - Continuous Mining Machine Safety Features (Main Machine Circuit-Interrupting Device, Remote Traction Motor Circuit Breaker Reset, E-stop Override, Methane Monitor Failure Override)
- PIB P09-34 - October 1, 2009 - Re-Issue of P04-01 - Crushing Hazard on Battery-powered Scoops
- PIB P09-23 - July 31, 2009 - Underground Scoop Accidents
- PIB P07-22 - August 13, 2007 - Operation of Continuous Haulage Systems.
- PIB P07-12 - May 4, 2007 - Best Practices for Turning Crosscuts with Remote Controlled Continuous Mining Machines; Reissue P-03-28
- PIB P06-10 - May 5, 2006 - Hazards When Transporting Off-Track Equipment
- PIB P03-03 - February 25, 2003 - Recommended Design Safeguards for Permissible Remote Controlled Continuous Mining Machines
- PIB P02-05 - June 21, 2002 - Crushing Hazard on Mobile Bridge Conveyor (MBC)
Some or all of the files available on this page are PDF. For more information on PDF, PDF readers and accessibility issues, please use this link.