Mr. Philip Pirkle, Director
Mine Safety and Health Training
1800 South US 41
Ft. Branch, IN 46748
The role of the Vincennes University Mining Program is to support the mission of continuously improving the safety and health culture of the Indiana mining Industry. Vincennes University's partnership with the mining industry is, in part, supported by a grant from the Mine Safety and Health Administration and helps to provide safety and health training to nearly 7000 miners and contractors within the State. Approximately 300 mining sites comprise Indiana's mining industry and includes coal, crushed limestone, dimension limestone, sand and gravel, gypsum, clay and shale. Training is offered at the Vincennes University campus, or can be delivered to the mine site or other mutually agreeable location.
Services provided include:
- 30 CFR Parts 46 and 48 New Miner Training for miners and contractors;
- 30 CFR parts 46 and 48 Annual Retraining for miners and contractors;
- 30 CFR, parts 46 and 48 Newly Hired Experienced Miner;
- First Aid and CPR Training;
- Consultation relevant to Parts 48 & 46 training and training plans, Part 47 HazCom Plans, and general MSHA compliance issues
Although the main focus of the program is training, other activities that support the mission of the program include participation in the National Joseph A. Holmes Association as well as local Indiana chapters. Additionally, our partnerships with the Indiana Coal Council, the Indiana Mineral Aggregates Association, and our participation with the Indiana Mine Rescue Association supplements our support of the Indiana mining community.
For more program information contact Mr. Philip Pirkle at (812) 888-5031 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.