Mr. David Mustine, Director, Ohio Department of Natural Resources
Mr. Craig Corder, Mine Safety Manager
Division of Mineral Resources Management
Ohio Department of Natural Resources
2045 Morse Road
Columbus, OH 43229-6693
Under the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, the Division of Mineral Resources Management conducts comprehensive mine health and safety training for miners, mine operators and contract employees working in mining operations throughout Ohio. The program utilizes an internal core training committee, consisting of inspectors who are utilized as instructors to develop goals and to create methods to achieve these goals. Classes conducted and services provided are developed to meet the specific needs of the Ohio mining industry based upon NFDL injury incidence-rates, accident investigation reports, NFDL injuries, mining fatalities, over-exposures to PELs, and specific mining operations needs. Classes are conducted in:
- 30 CFR parts 46 and 48 Annual Refresher (for underground and surface coal and metal and nonmetal miners and contract employees);
- 30 CFR part 49 Mine Rescue Training;
- Certification and qualification Training and Testing for Ohio certified mine foremen and electrical training and retraining;
- 30 CFR parts 56 and 57 First Aid and CPR; and
- Noise Abatement to heighten miners' awareness of potential hazards surrounding noise exposure.
For more program information contact Craig Corder at (614) 301-3836 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.