State of South Carolina Program Summary
South Carolina Board for Technical and Comprehensive Education
111 Executive Center Drive
Columbia, SC 29210
The State of South Carolina provides mine health and safety training for the miners, mine operators and contract employees working at mining locations through the South Carolina Technical College System. Classes are offered and delivered at mine sites or in regional locations to better accommodate mining industry employees.
Courses are presented in:
- 30 CFR parts 46 and 48 Annual Refresher Training;
- 30 CFR parts 46 and 48 New Miner Training;
- Statutory rights of miners and their representatives under the Act; authority and responsibility of supervisors
- Self-rescue and respiratory devices
- Transportation controls and communication systems
- Introduction to work environment
- Escape and emergency evacuation plans; fire warning and firefighting
- Ground control; working in areas of highwalls, water hazards, pits, and spoil banks; illumination and night work
- Hazard recognition
- Electrical hazards
- First aid / CPR / AED
Many of these classes are integrated into the 30 CFR parts 46 and 48 Annual Refresher and New Miner training.
We offer two types of training: New Miner Training (24 hours) and the Annual Refresher Miner Training (8 hours). Your Annual Refresher is due each year before the end of the month that you were trained in the previous year.
Pre-Registration is required for all classes. For questions and scheduling contact Jan Bedenbaugh at (803) 981-7168 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org . Upon registration, location and directions will be provided to you.