Ms. Karla Davis, Commissioner
Mr. Oscar Frederick, Director of Mines
Department of Labor and Workforce Development
Andrew Johnson Tower - 8th Floor
710 James Robertson Parkway
Nashville, TN 37243-0656
To improve the environments of the coal, metal and nonmetal mines in the State of Tennessee, the Division of Mines, under the Department of Labor and Workforce Development conducts classes in:
- 30 CFR, parts 46 and 48 Annual Refresher Training;
- 30 CFR, parts 46 and 48 New Miner Training;
- First Aid and CPR training for miners;
- Certification/QualificationTraining and Testing for supervisors;
- Initial and Annual Refresher Training for MSHA Certified/Qualified Electricians;
- 30 CFR, part 49 Training for Mine Rescue;
- Specialized comprehensive training for contractors working on mine properties;
- 8 hours of Continuing Education Credits for surface blasters.
For more program information contact Mr. Oscar Frederick at (423) 566-9709 or e-mail Oscar.Frederick@TN.gov.