National Safety Council
- signed September 9, 2003.
- "The National Safety Council and the Mine Safety and Health Administration share a passion for doing everything we can to keep mine workers safe and prevent mining accidents."
- "This agreement will result in a more focused relationship, with the objective of developing safety and health programs for the mining industry."
Among other activities under the agreement, MSHA and the NSC will:
- Identify way to enhance participation of the NSC's Mining and Minerals Resources Section in safety and health outreach to the industry;
- Collaborate on developing and conducting technical sessions at a variety of events and conferences; and
- Work collaboratively to present clear and accurate statistical information on mining and minerals operations in the United States.