District 5 - Coal Mine Safety and Health
Recently, several near miss haulage and mobile equipment incidents have occurred.
Using a piece of equipment beyond its design capabilities can lead to accidents.
- Never load coal haulage trucks beyond the manufacturer's recommended capacity.
- Be aware of the grade being traveled.
- Load and trim haulers in a manner consistent with grades and roadways.
- Never overextend excavators, backhoes, or shovels.
- Ensure that dozers are operated in an area that provides stable footing and adequate working space.