When you begin discussing the process of the workshop, include these points in your introduction with the participants:
- Explain that this is a workshop to determine the best way for them to complete a job task analysis on a piece of equipment.
- Explain that this process is used to develop a worksheet for on the job training and evaluation.
- Hand out an example of the worksheet.
- Emphasize that this process being developed can be modified by different mines or for similar pieces of equipment.
- The work you do here today is your program.
- This team includes subject matter experts (SME) representing everyone that directly influences the job. Each SME will contribute their intimate knowledge of the job and offer their perspective.
- Introduce the Spider (Mind Manager software program). Explain that this will be used to organize the information they give and create the worksheet.
- This is also a good time to introduce the recorder and explain the recorder's role.