The Workshop Process
In the introduction to the workshop, the facilitator should:
- Explain that this is a workshop to determine the best way for them to conduct their on-the-job training
- Explain the process used to develop the worksheet
(See IJTA Process)
- Emphasize that the process was developed by a group of participants just like this group. "The work you do here today is your program.
- Explain that the team includes subject matter experts (SME) representing everyone that directly influences the job. Each SME will contribute their intimate knowledge of the job and offer their perspective.
- Briefly discuss that the worksheet will be modified in MS Word
- Explain what the workshop will involve, how it will be conducted, and the expected final result.
- Discuss the purpose and use of each column (importance, importance level, satisfactory/needs work, notes/comments) See procedure steps below.
- Explain the three uses of the final worksheet.
- Instructor Self analysis and preparation aid
- Teaching outline, and
- Trainee evaluation guide
more The Workshop Process | back to previous page