MSHA/West Virginia Joint Public Hearings
Single Source Page
Single Source Page
On May 2, 2006, MSHA and the state of West Virginia held Joint Public Hearings on the Sago Mine Disaster Investigation. Here is some of the material from that hearing.
Statement by David Dye, Acting Administrator, Mine Safety and Health Administration
on the Sago Mine Joint Federal-State Public Hearing:
- This joint public hearing hosted by MSHA and the State of West Virginia is about the families and about getting to the truth.
- All of us, the families of the miners and those who are leading this investigation, want to know exactly what happened, what went wrong, and what needs to be done to prevent such a tragedy from ever happening again.
- This hearing is a crucial part of the federal investigation into the Sago mine disaster, as well as an important time for family members to ask questions and express concerns.�
Sago Mine Compliance Overview
- Powerpoint® Version Part 1 Part 2 Part 3
- PDF Version (It does not contain the animations)
Sago Mine Rescue Overview
Sago Mine Accident Investigation Overview
This presentation contains both Macromedia Shockwave Flash animation and Window Media files (.mpg). You will need players for each. If you need the Flash player, please use this link to download the player. If you need Windows Media player, please use this link to download the player.
This presentation is very large in size. We have divided this into three parts to ease the time of loading.
You may download each of the animation files using the links below. Just right click on the link and SAVE TARGET/FILE to your PC. They are listed in their order of appearance in the presentation.
Some or all of the files available on this page are PDF. For more information on PDF, PDF readers and accessibility issues, please use this link.
Back to Sago Mine Disaster Single Source page