Testing Grounding Systems
30 CFR §56/57.12028 Testing grounding systems
Continuity and resistance of grounding systems shall be tested immediately after installation, repair, and modification; and annually thereafter. A record of the resistance measured during the most recent tests shall be made available on a request by the Secretary or his duly authorized representative.
This standard requires that the continuity and resistance of electrical grounding systems be tested immediately after installation, repair, modification, and annually thereafter. A record of the resistance measured for the most recent test shall be made available if requested by the Secretary of Labor or her duly Authorized Representative.
Other relevant MSHA standards:
Issues to Consider in Determining Compliance:
• Are electrical grounding systems being installed?
• Are electrical grounding systems being repaired?
• Are grounding systems being modified?
• Are the above grounding systems tested annually or after one of the noted events?
• Are the most recent resistance tests available to an Authorized Representative of the Secretary of Labor?