The following products were approved or certified during December 2000, and have been added to the Mine Safety and Health Administration's list of permissible equipment.
The following products were approved as having met Part 7, Title 30 CFR.
1. The following approvals were issued to Vintex, Inc., One Mount Forest Drive, Mount Forest, Ontario, Canada NOG 2L2:
Type VinSTAT II Brattice Cloth; 7B-147095-2; December 20, 2000
Types VinSTAT I and MD 1000-19 Brattice Cloth; 7B-147096-5; December 20, 2000
Type MD RipStop Brattice Cloth; 7B-147097-3; December 13, 2000
3. Models A250, B235, B250, and B275 Diesel Engines; 7E-B069-1; issued to Navistar International, 10400 West North Avenue, Melrose Park, Illinois, 60160, December 20, 2000.
The following product was certified as having met Part 18, Title 30 CFR.
1. 5000005642 Controller Assembly; X/P-4154-0; issued to Joy Mining Machinery, 120 Liberty Street, Franklin, Pennsylvania 16323; December 4, 2000.
The following products were accepted as having met the flame requirments of Part 18, Title 30 CFR, and the Interim Fire Criteria for Acceptance of Products Taken into Underground Mines.
1. The following acceptances were issued to LEGG Company, Inc., 325 E. 10th Street, Box 112, Halstead, Kansas, 67066, December 15, 2000:
Types Grizzly Fr & Kodiak FR Conveyor Belt, USMSHA No. 28-065/006
1. Model ST5AS Diesel-powered Scooptram, 31-235-0, issued to Oldenburg Lake Shore, 3788 Wheeling Street, Denver, Colorado, 80239, December 4, 2000.
The following product was accepted as having met the Interim Fire Criteria for Acceptance of Products Taken Into Underground Mines.
1. Pro-Gard nylon sleeve, MSHA IC-208/00, issued to Federal-Mogul Systems Protection Group, Inc, 241 Welsh Pool Road; Exton, Pennsylvania, 19341, December 22, 2000.
The following products were accepted as having met the requirements of the voluntary "Standard Application Procedure for Sealants Applied to Underground Ventilation Controls".
1. "Silent Seal" Urethane Foam, MSHA-S10/00, issued to Fomo Products, Inc., 2775 Barber Road, Norton, Ohio 44203, December 20, 2000.
2. The following have been issued to Eagle Seal Enterprise, Inc., P.O. Box 283, McLeansboro, Illinois, 62859:
Eagle Seal "0 Grade", Silicate type, MSHA-S11/01, December 20, 2000.
Eagle Seal Spray Grade, Silicate type, MSHA-S11/02, December 20, 2000.
Eagle Seal Caulk Grade, Silicate type, MSHA-S11/03, December 22, 2000.
Eagle Seal "Roof & Rib", Sugar type, MSHA-S11-04, December 22, 2000.
Steven J. Luzik
Steven J. Luzik