The following products were approved or certified during April 2002, and have been added to the Mine Safety and Health Administration's list of permissible equipment.
The following product was approved as having met Part 7, Title 30 CFR.
1. "All-Temp Welding Cable". Approval No. 7K-270133-0, issued to BIW Cable Systems, 22 Joseph E. Warner Blvd., No. Dighton, Massachusetts 02764, April 8, 2002.
The following products were aprroved or certified as having met Part 18, Title 30 CFR.
1. 564G331 Display box. Certification No. X/P-4170-0, issued to DBT America Inc., P.O. Box 1879, Columbus, Ohio 43216, April 11, 2002.
2. Explosion Proof Tube Assembly. Certification No. X/P-4178-0, issued to Geosteering Mining Services, LLC, 1769 Jeff Road, P.O. Box 5325, Huntsville, Alabama 35814, April 10, 2002.
3. D141-01 Enclosure Assembly. Certification No. X/P-4179-0, issued to RAD Engineering, Inc., 351 Old Airport Road, P.O. Box 397, Bristol, Virginia 24201, April 29, 2002.
4. Model RDL-4 Acoustic Energy Meter. Approval No. 2G-4109-0, issued to Rock Mechanics Technology Ltd., Bretby Business Park, Ashby Rd., Burton-on-Trent, STAFFS, UK DE15 0QD, UNITED KINGDOM, April 4, 2002.
The following products were accepted as having met the flame requirments of Part 18, Title 30 CFR, and the Interim Fire Criteria for Acceptance of Products Taken into Underground Mines.
1. The following approvals were issued to Scandura, Erie Industrial Park, Bldg. 320, Port Clinton, Ohio 43452, April 8, 2002:
Type B390NN Conveyor Belt, USMSHA No. 28-5/145
Type U550PNN Conveyor Belt, USMSHA No. 28-5/146
Type U2750PNN Conveyor Belt, USMSHA No. 28-5/147
2. Beltwall ARMA-SBR Conveyor Belt. USMSHA No. 28-3/150, issued to Goodyear Tire & Rubber, 1144 East Market Street, Akron, Ohio 44316, April 8, 2002.
The following product was approved as having met Part 20, Title 30 CFR.
1. Model 200401 4AA Flashlight Assembly. Approval No. 10C-654-0, issued to Koehler-Bright Star, Incorporated, 380 Stewart Road, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania 18706, April 5, 2002.Sincerely,
Steven J. Luzik
Steven J. Luzik
Chief, Approval and Certification Center