The following products were approved or certified during April 2003, and have been added to the Mine Safety and Health Administration's list of permissible equipment.
The following products were approved as having met Part 7, Title 30 CFR.
1. MD267-23 Clear Brattice Cloth. Approval No. 7B-147112-0, issued to Vintex, Inc., One Mount Forest Drive, Mount Forest, Ontario, Canada NOG2L2, April 11, 2003.
2. 8HLB33 Brattice Cloth. Approval No. 7B-159113-0, issued to International Flexpac, LLC, 78 W. Ray Road, Suite 2, Chandler, Arizona 85225, April 22, 2003.
3. NEMA 324-6 Motor. Approval No. 7J-03007-0, issued to Baldor Electric Company, 5711 R.S. Boreham Jr. Street, Fort Smith, Arkansas 72901, April 11, 2003.
The following products were approved or certified as having met Part 18, Title 30 CFR.
1. Model HBU3002 Battery Enclosure Assembly. Certification No. X/P-4187-0, issued to Stolar Horizon, Inc., P.O. Box 428, Raton, New Mexico 87740, April 23, 2003.
2. Model 1050BX Battery Powered Locomotive. Approval No. 2G-4154-0, issued to Brookville Equipment Corporation, 175 Evans Street, P.O. Box 130, Brookville, Pennsylvania 15825, April 23, 2003.
3. Model 5100 Conveyor Control System. Approval No. 2G-4115-0, issued to Intermountain Electronics, Inc., P.O. Box 214, Price, Utah 84501, April 14, 2003.
4. Longwall Mining System. Approval No. 2G-4155A-0, issued to Solvay Minerals, Inc., P.O. Box 1167, Green River, Wyoming 82935, April 9, 2003.
The following product was evaluated as having met Part 18 Instrinsic Safety Evaluation, Title 30 CFR.
1. Type SP400 Keypad Transmitter. Evaluation No. IA-21931-0, issued to DBT GB Limited, P.O. Box 9, Motherwell, Scotland ML1 1SN Scotland, April 8, 2003.
The following product was accepted as having met the flame requirements of Part 18, Title 30 CFR, and the Interim Fire Criteria for Acceptance of Products Taken into Underground Mines.
1. MRF MUSCLEFLEX Conveyor Belt. USMSHA No. 28-97/0, issued to MRF Ltd., 124 Greams Road, Chennai-600 006 India, April 24, 2003.
The following products were accepted as having met the Interim Fire Criteria Acceptance of Products Taken Into Underground Mines.
1. Hydraulic Hose Cover. Acceptance No. IC-14/02, issued to Lawrence Industries, P.O. Box 1838, Burlington, North Carolina 27216, April 4, 2003.
2. MineGRID FR Green 15x8 and MineGRID FR Green15x14 Rib/Roof Material. Acceptance No. IC-220/0, issued to Ten Cate Nicolon, 365 South Holland Drive, Pendergrass, Georgia 30567, April 11, 2003.
3. Type "UFR" Pulley Lagging. Acceptance No. IC-221/0, issued to Douglas Manufacturing Co. Inc., 300 Industrial Park Drive, Pell City, Alabama 35125, April 8, 2003.
The following product was approved as having met Part 36, Title 30CFR.
1. Eimco Model 913C, Diesel-powered LHD/Jumbo. Approval No. 31-237-0, issued to Frontier-Kemper Constructors Incorporated, 1695 Allen Road, P.O. Box 6548, Evansville Indiana 47719, April 22, 2003.
Steven J. Luzik
Chief, Approval and Certification Center