The following products were approved or certified during July 2003, and have been added to the Mine Safety and Health Administration's list of permissible equipment.
The following products were approved as having met Part 7, Title 30 CFR.
1. Frame 280J, Motor. Approval No. 7J-03008-0, issued to Reliance Electric Company, Route 2, Box 560, Kings Mountain, North Carolina 28086, July 31, 2003.
2. "Flexible Field Deployable Optical Cables". Approval No. 7K-263159-0, issued to Draka Comteq USA, 22 Joseph E. Warner Blvd., North Dighton, Massachusetts 02764, July 17, 2003.
The following products were approved or certified as having met Part 18, Title 30 CFR.
1. Model 34310 Controller. Certification No. X/P-4191-0, issued to Mining Controls, Inc., P.O. Box 1141, Beckley, West Virginia 25801, July 2, 2003.
2. Continuous Haulage System. Approval No. 2G-4156A-0, issued to Oldenburg Stamler, 600 Main & Stamler Streets, Millersburg, Kentucky 40348, July 7, 2003.
3. Continuous Miner. Approval No. 2G-4159A-0, issued to Joy Mining Machinery, 120 Liberty Street, P.O. Box 791, Franklin, Pennsylvania 16323, July 23, 2003.
The following product was accepted as having met the flame requirements of Part 18, Title 30 CFR, and the Interim Fire Criteria for Acceptance of Products Taken into Underground Mines.
1. Type 800 and Type 1000 Conveyor Belt. USMSHA No. 28-96/2, issued to G.B. Ganguly (International Conveyors Ltd.), Witeck Consultants Inc., 692 Scranton Ave., East Rockaway, New York 11518, July 11, 2003.
The following products were approved as having met Part 20, Title 30 CFR.
1. Models 680200 (lamp) and 680100 (LED) 4AA Flashlight Assemblies. Approval No. 10C-658-0, issued to Streamlight, Incorporated, 1030 West Germantown Pike, Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania 18706, July 31, 2003.
Steven J. Luzik
Chief, Approval and Certification Center