The following products were approved or certified during May 2003, and have been added to the Mine Safety and Health Administration's list of permissible equipment.
The following products were approved as having met Part 7, Title 30 CFR.
1. Type EO210, Battery Assembly. Approval No. 7C-03001-0, issued to Damascus Corporation, P.O. Box 610, Abingdon, Virginia 24212, May 8, 2003.
2. Type E110-21 or E155-21, Battery Assembly. Approval No. 7C-03002-0, issued to EnerSys, Inc., P.O. Box 14145, Reading, Pennsylvania, 19612, May 8, 2003.
3. Jacket Splice-Splice Kit. Approval No. 7K-SK-150153-0, issued to Central States Inudstries, 134 Neal Street, Beckley, West Virginia 25801, May 6, 2003.
4. TigerBrand Types W, G and G-GC Cable with Semi-Con Conductor Insulation Material. Approval No. 7K-184154-0, issued to AmerCable, 680 Dutch Ridge Road, Beaver, Pennsylvania 15009, May 15, 2003.
5. Tight Buffered Fiber Optic Cable. Approval No. 7K-263150-0, issued to Draka USA, 22 Joseph E. Warner Blvd., North Dighton, Massachusetts 02764, May 2, 2003.
The following product was certified as having met Part 18, Title 30 CFR.
1. Model RIM4002 RIM IV Probe Enclosure Assembly. Certification No. X/P-4188-0, issued to Stolar Horizon, Inc., P.O. Box 428, Raton, New Mexico 87740, May 23, 2003.
The following product was accepted as having met the flame requirements of Part 18, Title 30 CFR, and the Interim Fire Criteria for Acceptance of Products Taken into Underground Mines.
1. GLIDE FRAS-C Conveyor Belt USMSHA No. 28-3/155, issued to Goodyear Tire & Rubber, 1144 East Market Street, Akron, Ohio 44316, May 7, 2003.
Steven J. Luzik
Chief, Approval and Certification Center