The following products were approved or certified during March 2003, and have been added to the Mine Safety and Health Administration's list of permissible equipment.
The following products were approved as having met Part 7, Title 30 CFR.
1. EL44, Alternating Current Motors. Approval No. 7J-03005-0, issued to Morley Electric Motors, Ltd., Bradford Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS28 6QA, England, March 11, 2003.
2. Frame X280, Motor. Approval No. 7J-03006-0, issued to Reliance Electric Company, 6040 Ponders Court, Greenville, South Carolina 29615, March 19, 2003.
The following products were certified as having met Part 18, Title 30 CFR.
1. Model 565G296 Connection Box. Certification No. X/P-4186-0, issued to DBT America, Inc., P.O. Box 1879, Columbus, Ohio 43216, March 19, 2003.
2. Longhole Drill Power Pack. Approval No. 2G-4153A-0, issued to Target Drilling Inc., 5134 Oak Road, Jefferson Hills, Pennsylvania 15025, March 19, 2003.
The following product was evaluated as having met Part 18 Instrinsic Safety Evaluation, Title 30 CFR.
1. Model GE35-2-A Solenoid Valve. Evaluation No. IA-21884-0, issued to Bosch Rexroth Corporation, 2315 City Line Road, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18017, March 4, 2003.
The following product was accepted as having met the flame requirements of Part 18, Title 30 CFR, and the Interim Fire Criteria for Acceptance of Products Taken into Underground Mines.
1. BELTWALL FLEXSTEEL ARMA-SBR Conveyor Belt. USMSHA No. 28-3/154, issued to Goodyear Tire & Rubber, 1144 East Market Street, Dept. 543, Akron, Ohio 44316, March 21, 2003.
The following product was certified as having met Part 36, Title 30CFR.
1. Shutdown System. Subassembly Certification No. 31/D129, issued to Mac's Mining Repair Service, Inc., Box 480, 225 West 400 South, Huntington, Utah 84528, March 31, 2003.
The following product was accepted as having met the requirements of the voluntary "Standard Application Procedure for Sealants Applied to Underground Ventilation Controls."
1. "Fly Lite Medium Weight Block," non-traditional ventialtion stopping. MSHA-ST12/01, issued to Fly-Lite, Inc., P.O. Box 32, McLeansboro, Illinois 62859, March 21, 2003.
Steven J. Luzik
Chief, Approval and Certification Center