LIST OF APPROVED PRODUCTS
The following products were approved or certified during September 2003, and have been added to the Mine Safety and Health Administration's list of permissible equipment.
The following products were approved as having met Part 7, Title 30 CFR.
1. Type 64-125-17, Battery Assembly. Approval No. 7C-03003-0, issued to Douglas Battery Manufacturing Company, 500 Battery Drive, Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104, September 4, 2003.
2. Frame 16288 Motor. Approval No. 7J-03012-0, issued to Oldenburg Group Incorporated, 900 W. Breitung Avenue, Kingsford, Michigan 49802, September 8, 2003.
3. Type 2-SG4-225S-4 Motor. Approval No. 7J-03013-0, issued to Voest Alpine Mining Tunnelling and Construction, 6701 National Pike, Brier Hill, Pennsylvania 15415, September 18, 2003.
4. Frame AE160 WJC Motor. Approval No. 7J-03014-0, issued to David McClure Limited, Range Road, Adswood, Stockport, SK3 8EF England, September 17, 2003.
5. EL55A/B Motor. Approval No. 7J-03015-0, issued to Morley Electric Motors Ltd., Bradford Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire LS28 6QA, September 19, 2003.
6. EPR Insulated, NBR/PVC Jacketed, Type W Cable. Approval No. 7K-136160-0, issued to American Insulated Wire, 95 Grand Avenue, P.O. Box 880, Pawtucket, Rhode Island 02862, September 10, 2003.
The following products were approved or certified as having met Part 18, Title 30 CFR.
1. 6037G1 and 607G1 Battery Connector Assembly. Certification No. 00004196-0, issued to Anderson Mining Products, P.O. Box 1177, Princeton, West Virginia 24740, September 11, 2003.
2. Type EL49 Control Box Assembly. Certification No. X/P-4197-0, issued to DBT GB Limited, P.O. Box 9, Motherwell, Scotland ML1 1SN, September 15, 2003.
3. Type EL48 Power Box Assembly. Certification No. X/P-4198-0, issued to DBT GB Limited, P.O. Box 9, Motherwell, Scotland ML1 1SN, September 18, 2003.
4. Model MAC-XP, Battery Powered Permissible Personnel Carrier. Approval No. 2G-4158-0, issued to Damascus Corporation, P.O. Box 610, Abingdon, Virginia 24212, September 2, 2003.
5. Model TAG IV Transmitter. Approval No. 2G-4162-0, issued to Mine Site Technologies (USA) Inc., 10250 CR3050, Rolla, Missouri 65401, September 24, 2003.
6. Model 69370 Combustible Gas Leak Detector. Approval No. 2G-4164-0, issued to Techno Tools Corporation, 1947 NE 147th Terrace, Miami, Florida 33181, September 25, 2003.
7. Shearer. Evaluation No. SE-21976-0, issued to DBT America Inc., 2045 West Pike Street, Houston, Pennsylvania 15342, September 22, 2003.
8. Model SPMC2 Shearer Protection, Monitoring, and Control System. Evaluation No. IA-22041-0, issued to DBT GB Limited, Motherwell Engineering Group, P.O. Box 9, Motherwell, Scotland, ML11SN, September 18, 2003.
The following products were accepted as having met the flame requirements of Part 18, Title 30 CFR, and the Interim Fire Criteria for Acceptance of Products Taken into Underground Mines.
1. PVC Sprayasol-White 372-2396. USMSHA No. BI-22/0, issued to Chemionics Corporation, 390 Munroe Falls Road, Tallmadge, Ohio 44278, September 4, 2003.
2. FLEXSTEEL ARMA-LE Conveyor Belt. USMSHA No. 28-3/157, issued to Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, 1144 East Market Street, Akron, Ohio 44316, September 12, 2003.
Steven J. Luzik
Steven J. Luzik
Chief, Approval and Certification Center