The following products were approved or certified during July 2004, and have been added to the Mine Safety and Health Administration's list of permissible equipment.
The following products were approved as having met Part 7, Title 30 CFR.
1. Types 64-D85/DD85, P95/SS95, D100/SS100, P110/SS110, D110/SS110, D125/SS125, and P140,SS140-33 Battery Assemblies. Approval No. 07-CA040002-0, issued to East Penn Manufacturing Company, Inc., Deka Road, Lyon Station, Pennsylvania 19536, July 30, 2004.
2. Model QSB-155C Diesel Engine. Approval No. 07-ENA040001-0, issued to Cummins Inc., Box 3005, Columbus, Indiana 47201, July 1, 2004.
3. WXP72 (44 thru 108) Series Frame AC Motors. Approval No. 07-JA040003-0, issued to Mohler Technology Inc., P.O. Box 669, Boonville, Indiana 47601, July 26, 2004.
4. Frame WXP235-01, Alternating Current Motor. Approval No. 07-JA040004-0, issued to Oldenburg, Inc., c/o Mohler Technology, Inc., P.O. Box 669, 2355 Eby Road, Boonville, Indiana 47601, July 29 ,2004.
5. "Pocket Splice Kit" used for splicing cables and cable jacket and hose conduit repair. Approval No. 07-KA040006-0, issued to CSI, 134 Neal Street, Beckley, West Virginia 25801, July 13, 2004.
6. Tigerbrand CraneMax Cable. Approval No. 07-KA040008-0, issued to AmerCable Inc., 680 Dutch Ridge Road, Beaver, Pennsylvania 15009, July 19, 2004.
The following products were approved or certified as having met Part 18, Title 30 CFR.
1. Models TX-96X and TX-97X Radio Remote Control Transmitter Assemblies. Approval No. 18-A040005-0, issued to Structured Mining Systems, Inc., 330 Perry Highway, Harmony Pennsylvania 16037, July 6, 2004.
2. 5000020562 Controller Enclosure. Approval No. 18-XPA040003-0, issued to Joy Mining Machinery, 120 Liberty St. Franklin, Pennsylvania 16323, July 29, 2004.
3. 5000020862 FLP Enclosure. Approval No. 18-XPA040004-0, issued to Joy Mining Machinery, 120 Liberty St. Franklin, Pennsylvania 16323, July 29, 2004.
The following product was accepted as having met the Interim Fire Criteria Acceptance of Products Taken Into Underground Mines.
1. Type "PTCH-MSHA" Hydraulic Hose Cover Material. Acceptance No. IC-226/0, issued to Pix Transmissions Ltd., Unit II Bazargaon, Amravati Road, Nagpur-440023, Maharashtra, India, July 1, 2004.
The following product was accepted as having met the requirements of the voluntary "Standard Application Procedure for Sealants Applied to Underground Ventilation Controls."
1. "Superblock" Non-traditional Ventilation Stopping. MSHA-ST24/00, issued to Peerless Block & Brick, 400 Oliver Street, P.O. Box 1400, St. Albans, West Virginia 25177, July 13, 2004.
Steven J. Luzik
Chief, Approval and Certification Center