The following products were approved or certified during May 2004, and have been added to the Mine Safety and Health Administration's list of permissible equipment.
The following products were approved as having met Part 7, Title 30 CFR.
1. Minemaster Composite Brattice Cloth. Approval No. 07-BA040003-0, issued to John Boyle & Company, Inc., P.O. Box 791, Salisbury Road, Statesville, North Carolina 28687, May 10, 2004.
2. Type P1209-TC Cable. Approval No. 07-KA040006-0, issued to CONSPEC, 44 Martin Ross Avenue, Downsview, Ontario, M3J 2K8 CANADA, May 28, 2004.
The following product was approved or certified as having met Part 18, Title 30 CFR.
1. Model ABM 25, Alternating Current Continuous Miner. Approval No. 18-A040004-0, issued to Voest-Alpine Bergtechnik, 6701 National Pike, Brier Hill, Pennsylvania 15415, May 10, 2004.
The following product was approved as having met Part 22, Title 30 CFR.
1. Model Solaris Multi-Gas Detector. Approval No. 22-A040001-0, issued to Mine Safety Appliances Company, 1000 Cranberry Woods Drive, Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania 16066, May 19, 2004.
The following product was accepted as having met the requirements of the voluntary "Standard Application Procedure for Sealants Applied to Underground Ventilation Controls."
1. ACCO 6" thick AAC block, Non-traditional Ventilation Stopping. MSHA-ST20/02, issued to Aerated Concrete Corporation of America, ACCO, 3351 West Orange Blossom Trail, Apopka, Florida 32712, May 28, 2004.
Steven J. Luzik
Chief, Approval and Certification Center