The following products were approved or certified during April 2006, and have been added to the Mine Safety and Health Administration's list of permissible equipment.
The following products were approved as having met Part 7, Title 30 CFR.
1. Model N45MSS Diesel Engine. Approval No. 07-ENA060003-0, issued to Iveco Motors of North America, 245 E. North Avenue, Carol Stream, IL 60188, April 13, 2006.
2. Type dMCV422Z04, Alternating Current Motor. Approval No. 07-JA060002-0, issued to Voest Alpine Mining, Tunnelling and Construction, P.O. Box 639, Bristol, VA 24202, April 13, 2006.
3. Model 10001, Alternating Current Motor. Approval No. 07-JA060003-0, issued to Gould's Electric Motor Repair, Inc., P. O. Box 1000, Indore, WV, 25111, April 4, 2006.
4. Model 10002, Alternating Current Motor. Approval No. 07-JA060004-0, issued to Gould's Electric Motor Repair, Inc., P. O. Box 1000, Indore, WV, 25111, April 4, 2006.
5. Signal Cable. Approval No. 07-KA060008-0, issued to DBT Gmbh, c/o DBT America, Inc., 2045 West Pike Street, Houston, PA 15342, April 5, 2006.
6. Tenax-SCC, Type W Cable. Approval No. 07-KA060009-0, issued to Draka Industrial Cable Gmbh, c/o Draka Cableteq USA, 22 Joseph E. Warner Blvd., North Dighton, MA 02764, April 7, 2006.
7. Types HW170, HW171, HW172, HW173, HW174, HW220, HW221, HW222, HW320 and HW321 Cables. Approval No. 07-KA060010-0, issued to Houston Wire and Cable Company, 10201 North Loop East, Houston, TX 77029, April 25, 2006.
8. Types HW121, HW115, and HW120 Signal Cables. Approval No. 07-KA060011-0, issued to Houston Wire and Cable Company, 10201 North Loop East, Houston, TX 77029, April 25, 2006.
The following products were approved or certified as having met Part 18, Title 30 CFR.
1. Communication and Signaling System. Evaluation No. 18-ISA060002-0, issued to Austdac Pty Limited, c/o Longwall Services Inc., P.O. Box 737, 63 South Country Club Road, Meadow Lands, PA 15347, April 10, 2006.
2. Model NI2110, direct Current Shuttle Car. Approval No. 18-A060007-0, issued to NARCO, P.O. Box 549, Smithers, WV 25186, April 13, 2006.
3. Model Pac 1000, 3000, and 5000 Gas Monitor. Approval No. 18-A060009-0, issued to Draeger Safety, Inc., 101 Technology Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15275, April 21, 2006.
The following product was accepted as having met the requirements of the voluntary "Standard Application Procedure for Sealants Applied to Underground Ventilation Controls."
1. Types "VERSI-FOAM System 15 MSHA, VERSI-FOAM System 50 MSHA, and VERSI-FOAM Refill MSHA" Mine Sealant. MSHA-S28/00, issued to RHH Foam Systems Inc., 6001 S. Pennsylvania Ave., P.O. Box 100752, Cudahy, WI 53110, April 10, 2006.
Steven J. Luzik
Chief, Approval and Certification Center