Clay – A miner was operating a forklift when the forklift fell from the loading dock onto the bulk bag. The fork lift operator was wearing his seat belt and this prevented an injury or possibly death.
- Examine your work places for all possible hazards and correct them before you perform work.
- Always operate forklifts according to established safety procedures.
- Obey the safety instructions and warnings on decals, labels, plates, and safety signs.
- Ensure that mobile equipment operators are adequately task trained in all phases of mobile equipment operation before performing work.
- Operate equipment within its designed limitations. Slow down or drop to a lower gear when necessary. Post areas where lower speeds are warranted.
- Always wear a seat belt when operating self-propelled mobile equipment.