The conference is a cooperative effort of The Mine Safety Conference Committee in conjunction with the mining industries in Arkansas.
The mission of The Annual Mine Health and Safety Conference is to provide a forum for the mining community to focus on current mine safety and health topics, activities and initiatives by presenting information to address and eliminate workplace hazards. All persons associated with the mining industry have one common responsibility: protecting the health and safety of our most valuable resource, The Miner.
Topics and Presenters:
Thursday, February 11, 2016
- Welcome/Opening Remarks: Dennis Johnson, US Lime
- Kids’ Chance of Arkansas: Lynn Forbush, President of Kids’ Chance
- MSHA Updates: Mike Davis, MSHA SC District Manager
- Learning to Change Safety Culture: Toni Freeman, SWN
- Walk around inspection: Jason Nutzman, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- Lunch speaker: Walt Coleman, NFL Referee
- Safety Message: Ronn Lehmann, Cool Learning Stuff
- Electrical Arc Flash: Tim Fox, Leiver Technical Services
- How to contest a citation: Mike VanDorn, MSHA Field office supervisor of Little Rock, AR
Friday, February 12, 2016
- Workplace Exams: Jason Nutzman, Dinsmore & Sholhl LLP
- Contractor Safety Concerns: Nicholas Scala, Adele L Abrams, P.C.
- Open Forum: Mike VanDorn, MSHA Field office supervisor of Little Rock, AR
>> Download the conference brochure and registration form here.