Surface Limestone – A miner was in the basket of a raised man lift working near a stacker conveyor belt when his right arm became entangled in the head pulley. The victim was transported to a local hospital but doctors were unable to reattach his arm.
- Do not attempt to work on or near an operating conveyor until it has been DE-ENERGIZED and the power has been LOCKED OUT. Afterward, components must be BLOCKED AGAINST HAZARDOUS MOTION.
- Establish and discuss safe work procedures.
- Examine work areas and identify and control all hazards before starting any work.
- Do not place yourself in a position that will expose you to hazards while performing a task.
- Monitor personnel routinely to determine that safe work procedures are followed.