Posted on: July 20, 2015
On Wednesday, July 22, 2015 from 1-2:30 p.m. EDT the Mine Safety and Health Administration will host a stakeholder meeting and webinar for the Coal and Metal and Nonmetal mining communities.
Please let us know if you can participate in-person or by phone by submitting your RSVP athttp://bit.ly/722msharsvp.
In the first part of the meeting, MSHA will review the mining deaths that occurred in coal and metal and nonmetal mines in the first half of 2015, discuss recent near misses and provide you a preview of the new Part 50 training the agency has developed on injury and illness reporting.
In the second part of the meeting we will have two break-out sessions:
- In the coal stakeholder session, we will provide updates on preparation for the implementation of Phase II of the Respirable Dust Rule,
- In the metal and nonmetal session, we will provide updates on the Metal and Nonmetal Safety and Health program’s recent activities.
Any interested parties may join this important meeting in one of two ways:
1) Attend in person at MSHA’s new Crystal City headquarters at 201 12th Street S., Arlington, VA, on the 7th floor.
2) Join online and by phone using the following instructions:
To join the opening 1 – 2 p.m. full group session:
Step 1: Connect through your computer.
- Click the following link - https://dol.webex.com/dol/j.php?MTID=m3bc149c2ca3299818e390ecf20f282c7.
- If requested, enter your name and email address.
- If a password is required, enter the meeting password: M!ne2015 and click "Join".
Step 2: Dial into the Teleconference.
- Dial-in number: 888-592-9604
- Participant passcode: 4153002
To join the breakout sessions from 2-2:30 p.m.:
The breakout sessions will be conference-call only so you can log-off from the webinar.
- Coal stakeholders: Remain connected via the phone number above.
- Metal/Nonmetal stakeholders: Dial-in to a new phone number:
- MNM Dial-in number: 800-369-1849
- Participant passcode: 9897662
- Program Policy Letter # P15-IV-01