Surface - Gold – On 6/19/2018, a miner was seriously injured while making repairs on a rotating screen plant. A chain used to lift a thrust bearing failed and struck the miner in the head. The miner was knocked unconscious and found lying on the deck.
- Select the proper rigging with the appropriate lifting capacity to perform the task/job.
- Consult and follow the manufacturer's recommended safe work procedures for the maintenance task.
- Conduct inspection of tools and rigging to ensure all equipment is in a safe condition prior to use.
- Ensure miners are trained on the specific task they are performing and in proper rigging practices.
- All miners shall perform work from a safe position at the work areas.
- Verify persons are in a safe location before moving equipment and components.