MSHA’s authorizing Statute governs our mine safety and health programs.
Mine Safety and Health Deskbook | En español
Key Historical Statutes and their Legislative History
Learn about the legislation leading up to the most recent law.
- 2006 - Mine Improvement and New Emergency Response Act (MINER Act)
- 1977 - Federal Mine Safety and Health Act (Mine Act)
- 1969 - Federal Coal Mine Health and Safety Act (Coal Act)
- 1966 - Federal Metal and Nonmetallic Mine Safety Act
- 1952 - Federal Coal Mine Safety Act
Learn more about the legislative history of the MINER Act of 2006, the Mine Act of 1977, and the Coal Act of 1969 here.