State of Vermont Program Summary
Ms. Lindsay Kurrle, Commissioner
Vermont Department of Labor and Industry
Mr. Richard Wobby, Director of Safety
Associated General Contractors of Vermont, Safety and Training
Vermont Department of Labor
PO Box 488, 5 Green Mt. Drive
Montpelier, VT 05601-0488
Through a grant awarded to the Vermont Department of Labor and Industry, the Associated General Contractors of Vermontprotects the safety and health of Vermont’s miners under the provisions of the Federal Mine Safety and Health Act of 1977 (Mine Act), as amended by the Mine Improvement and New Emergency Response Act of 2006 (MINER Act). AGC/VT directly supports MSHA’s vision of Good Jobs for Everyone and will promote:
- A culture of safety by developing or reinforcing an industry-wide culture in which mine operators take ownership of health and safety through effective, prevention-oriented health and safety management programs, stakeholder outreach, education and training, and knowledge of improved regulations.
- Healthy workplaces through its efforts to help control and reduce exposure to respirable dust, silica, and noise, as well as other health hazards through its comprehensive training strategy which includes education, health outreach, and enhanced jobsite visits.
Training classes include:
- Part 46 New Miner Training;
- Part 46 Newly Hired Experienced Miner Training;
- Part 46 Annual Refresher Training
For additional information on Vermont's program contact: Dave Lahr, Workforce Development Director: (802)828-5277, David.firstname.lastname@example.org.