Alliance signed: March 24, 2023
WIM USA and MSHA will work together to achieve the following training and education goals:
- Update and develop education and training program resources for outreach efforts used to educate various audiences about the mining industry;
- Ensure that health and safety programs are fair and inclusive and reach all persons in the industry workforce, including persons with limited English proficiency or low-literacy skills; and
- Ensure that personal protective equipment (PPE) is available, accessible, and suitably fitted to all workers in the industry, including those who are hard to fit, and that workers understand how and when to properly use PPE.
MSHA and WIM USA will work together to achieve the following outreach and communication goals:
- Develop and disseminate information through print, electronic media, and links from MSHA's and WIM USA's websites;
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at WIM USA conferences, local meetings, or other training events;
- Speak, exhibit, or appear at MSHA and industry training events such as the Training Resources Applied to Mining Conference (TRAM), the Joseph A. Holmes Safety Association's National Meeting, and National Mine Rescue, First Aid, Bench, and Technician Team Contest and other mine rescue contest training;
- Share information on best practices through training and education
programs and materials; and
- Identify and publish health and safety practices that address equitable and inclusive workplace needs and practices.
WIM USA and MSHA will work together to achieve the following goals related to promoting the national dialogue on workplace safety and health:
- Convene or participate in workshops, conferences, roundtable discussions, or other meetings to forge innovative solutions to worker health and safety issues at mines, with emphasis on workplace equity and inclusion.