MSHA is headquartered at 201 12th Street South in Arlington, Virginia.
The Office of the Assistant Secretary plans, directs, and administers MSHA's activities to eliminate fatal mining accidents, reduce the frequency and severity of accidents, and minimize health hazards through enforcement of mandatory safety and health standards in the mining industry. MSHA also promotes improved safety and health conditions in the nation's mines through training, education, and technical assistance programs including the testing and approval of equipment for use in the mining industry.
- Assistant Secretary of Labor Mine Safety and Health Administration
- Christopher J. Williamson
- Deputy Assistant Secretary for Policy
- Julie E. Aaronson
- Deputy Assistant Secretary for Operations
- Patricia W. Silvey
- Chief of Staff
- Supervisory Special Assistant
- Monique Molina